Job Position Title: Project Coordinator
Location: Calgary, Alberta
The specific responsibilities outlined within the job description are reflective of the duties and expectations of the position. Employees may perform other duties and tasks as required to meet the needs of the operation.
- Administers cost control on the capital budget for assigned projects, ensuring that cost controls are up to date on daily basis,
within $50,000 accuracy through the use of an action register for any and all deviations from a project budget. All deviations
must be communicated immediately to the Project Owner in writing.
- All assigned projects are delivered within 5% of the approved internal budget.
- All changes of project scope are immediately advised to Project Owner via MOC (Management of Change) process.
- All reporting, project documents (including but not limited to budgets, schedules, meeting agendas, minutes, action registers,
issue and risk registers, procurement plans, weekly summary reports, Project Execution Plans (PEP), regulatory applications,
project close reports and Genalta Energy Studies), vendor information, project logistics, and document storage is managed in
accordance with the Project Execution Department Manual.
- Manages the project logistics, ensuring that all materials and services are available on site on-time as per the project
schedule. Conducts a “Schedule Update” with the team once per week to ensure all vendor deliveries for projects are on time
with no delays due to payment or communications.
- Identifies, analyzes and advises project risks to the Project Owner on an on-going basis – maintaining the Risk Register
updated on a weekly basis.
- Attend and participate in required training.
- Support colleagues, by responding to emails/calls when required.
- Perform various additional duties when required.
- Degree or diploma in supply chain, risk mitigation, project management.
- 3+ year experience in a Project Coordinator’s role.
- Technical experience an asset.
- Intermediate to Advanced user of Microsoft Office including Microsoft Projects.
- Experience in Oil and Gas or Power Generation is an asset.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with business units, corporate departments, key managers, and other stakeholders.
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Execution: Exceeding expectations by delivering high quality results on time and as promised.
- Integrity: Acting with honesty and transparency by doing the right things at the right time.
- Attitude: Demonstrates a positive attitude by taking on new challenges, investigating current processes and rolling with change.
- Accountability: Takes personal ownership and responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work commitments. Follows
organizational guidelines, professional standards, regulations and principles. Demonstrates reliability and integrity on a daily basis.
- Adaptability: adapting and responding to changing conditions, priorities, technologies and requirements. Recognizes new information
and ideas with a willingness to alter opinions and behaviors. Applies versatility, reasoning and innovativeness in the face of change.
Ability to comfortably collaborate in a variety of situations and with diverse individuals.
- Client Management: Delivering superior service to both internal and external clients. Every client, every time, no exceptions, no
- Communication: expressing and transmitting information with consistency and clarity; using active listening techniques in order to
effectively understand provided feedback; summarizing information according to the audience in order to promote engagement and
- Decision Making: makes concrete, well-informed and thought out decisions that support the overall organization. Has the ability to
make quick effective decisions even when data and details are limited. When making unfavorable decisions that might have negative
consequences, will examine the impacts and potential implications to ensure that the decision is valid for the situation.
- Planning: accurately estimates duration and level of difficulty of tasks and projects, setting out goals, objectives and work plans to
- Problem Solving: the ability to break a situation down into smaller pieces to identify key issues, figuring out cause and effect
relationships in order to solve them using logic and analytical methods to come to a realistic solution.
- Travel as required.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Able to attend and conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
Genalta Power offers a learning environment conducive to career growth with a competitive compensation package including but not limited to Professional Dues and Development Allowance, Benefits and a Bonus Program. Genalta Power has health and wellness initiatives, is involved in the community and harnesses the diversity of the company to create an inclusive work environment. Genalta Power has a record of rewarding success and individuals who are driven to achieve results will find themselves in an opportunity with challenge for today and a growth path for their future career.
To explore this opportunity further please send your resume in confidence by clicking the "Apply Now" button below: