Genalta Power Company Information
As an independent power producer, Genalta Power offers innovative power solutions that benefit our clients and the environment. With a broad portfolio of power production capabilities, we build, own, operate and maintain power facilities which maximize our clients wasted and onsite fuel sources. With no capital investment from our clients, we are able to bring power where it is needed when it is needed. We are currently recruiting new employees who are able to embrace our core values of Execution, Integrity and Attitude and perform at the top quartile in their varying roles.
This posting is for a Field Operator.
Location: Peace River, AB
The specific responsibilities outlined within the job description are reflective of the duties and expectations of the position. Employees may perform other duties and tasks as required to meet the needs of the operation.
- Complete regular operations and maintenance procedures for all assigned company equipment ensuring assigned projects operate with an uptime of 95% or greater on an annual basis allowing for a one month optimization period in the first year of operation.
- Provide feedback to Engineering Department on potential design improvements and optimization based on field observations that assist in increasing project profitability by 10%.
- Ongoing maintenance is completed to standard to ensure no loss of time for unscheduled maintenance and repair.
- Responsible for all guests to Genalta Power sites and thus ensures their safety through daily safety orientation.
- Operate the site in accordance with Genalta Power and any government legislation, process, policy and procedure.
- Operate the site in accordance with Genalta Power imaging and branding standards so all documentation, communication, signage are adhered to standards.
- Maintain the site and the site trailer and ensure the overall cleanliness and organization of the facility. If required, requests top up of office/kitchen/safety supplies through communication with Corporate Administration.
- Attend and participate in required training.
- Support colleagues, by responding to emails/calls when required.
- Perform various additional duties when required
- Trade certificate in electrical, piping, mechanical or steam.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license, H2S Alive and First Aid.
- 5+ years in an operations maintenance role.
- Experience working in industrial facilities (ie. Power Generation, Steam Generation, Pulp and Paper Mill).
- Intermediate use of Microsoft Office.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with business units, corporate departments, key managers, and other stakeholders.
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines. Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Execution: Exceeding expectations by delivering high quality results on time and as promised.
- Integrity: Acting with honesty and transparency by doing the right things at the right time.
- Attitude: Demonstrates a positive attitude by taking on new challenges, investigating current processes and rolling with change.
- Accountability: Takes personal ownership and responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work commitments. Follows organizational guidelines, professional standards, regulations and principles. Demonstrates reliability and integrity on a daily basis.
- Adaptability: adapting and responding to changing conditions, priorities, technologies and requirements. Recognizes new information and ideas with a willingness to alter opinions and behaviors. Applies versatility, reasoning and innovativeness in the face of change. Ability to comfortably collaborate in a variety of situations and with diverse individuals.
- Client Management: Delivering superior service to both internal and external clients. Every client, every time, no exceptions, no excuses!
- Communication: expressing and transmitting information with consistency and clarity; using active listening techniques in order to effectively understand provided feedback; summarizing information according to the audience in order to promote engagement and increase understanding.
- Decision Making: makes concrete, well-informed and thought out decisions that support the overall organization. Has the ability to make quick effective decisions even when data and details are limited. When making unfavorable decisions that might have negative consequences, will examine the impacts and potential implications to ensure that the decision is valid for the situation.
- Planning: accurately estimates duration and level of difficulty of tasks and projects, setting out goals, objectives and work plans to complete.
- Problem Solving: the ability to break a situation down into smaller pieces to identify key issues, figuring out cause and effect relationships in order to solve them using logic and analytical methods to come to a realistic solution.
- Travel as required.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Able to attend and conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
To explore this further please send your resume in confidence by clicking the "Apply Now" button below.
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted